Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kids.....

So...for the last week and a half or so Chase and Mackenzie have been battling this "bug" thats going around...coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat & fever. The fever is killing the drill! They both missed their first day back to school after spring break because they both had a pretty high fever. I sent Chase to school the next day (his fever was FINALLY gone) but Mackenzie was still burning up! On Wed. she went back to school and I was able to go back to work.
Last night Chase was really quiet, did not have much of an appetite and just kinda layed around. I figured I should take his temperature ....sure enough 100.9!!! GREAT!!! I gave him some motrin and made him go to bed early! This morning when he woke up he was 99.9. I gave him some motrin and sent him to school ( this week is state testing if he misses school he has to make up the test). He said he would be ok, that he felt fine, that his nose was just running. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he makes it through the day!
I feel so bad having to drug my kids up every 4-6 hours to keep their fevers down...Now I am just waiting for one of the other kids to get sick...I am sure it will make it around the house at least one more time. Thankfully Jim & I have not really been hit by it yet...guess I will keep popping those vitamins and hope for the best!
Thats about the only thing really going on with us right now...work is finally starting to pick up so I have been staying busy! The boys have 2 science projects and 2 book reports due this month so its time for me to get creative! We think we have a few ideas for the science projects, we will see how they work out! I am so happy I have neighbors that are in the same boat, we can all do our projects together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment